WEN Drill Presses are some of the most well-known manufacturers of drill presses in the industry and produce a range of various items. Are you curious about which WEN drill press to choose? Hopefully, we can help you figure it out through this WEN drill press review.
WEN is one of the most famous construction and power tool brands in the industry. Nick Anton founded the company in 1951. Since then, the company has continued to grow, introducing many new tools to its product line. In its first 50 years, the company sold over 50 million consumer units and growth has continued over the past two decades.
WEN headquarters in Elgin, Illinois. The company goal is “to help woodworkers and craftsmen around the world realize their wildest imaginations.”
The company also seeks to provide the highest quality products. WEN warrants its products against defects in material and manufacturing for up to 500 hours of personal use. The company also guarantees its products for up to 90 days of commercial and professional use.
WEN Drill Presses Review
WEN 4208 Drill Press
- Light-weight and compact size.
- Sturdy cast iron construction.
- 5 different speeds.
- Comfortable and powerful.
- Affordable price
- It needs substantial effort to drive the drill bit.
- This drill press comes with 5 speeds 740, 1100, 1530, 2100, and 3140 rpm for drilling in different materials.
- Plus, the built-in wrench storage on the side of the drill press allows you to keep your wrenches close at hand.
- The durable 1/3 HP motor develops considerable torque and power. Also, the motor is 120v, 60Hz.
- The spindle moves up to 2 inches, making drilling easier
- In addition, the oscillation is 8 inches.
- The worktable size is 6-1/2 x 6-1/2 inches and, it is adjustable in height.
- The beveling work table allows for beveling up to 45 degrees to the left and right.
- It includes a 1/2-inch wrench chuck that accepts bits up to 1/2 inch in diameter, giving you versatility.
The wen 4208 is one of the best choices for most users because it has 5 speeds for drilling in various materials. It contains 5 speeds of 740, 1100, 1530, 2100, 3140 RPM. Thanks to this variable speed, you can handle all materials.
This drill press is equipped with a 1/3 HP motor with a power of 2.3 amps. In addition, this drill press comes with a 1/2-inch keyed chuck. The 1/2-inch chuck gives you versatility with a variety of drill bits.
One of the other great features of this model is the cast ironwork table. The worktable can be adjusted 45 degrees to the left and right. Its size is 6-1/2 x 6-1/2 inches. This worktable is quite durable, and its construction is solid so, you can work comfortably with this table.
On the other hand, cast iron construction ensures precise and accurate holes in all types of materials. It is also comfortable to hold.
WEN 4210T Drill Press
- It can handle a lot of weight.
- Laser light helps to target correctly.
- Durable thick cast-iron work table.
- A powerful motor.
- Adjustable variable speed control
- Sturdy build quality.
- It is Heavy
• This drill press features 5 speeds for drilling through various materials. The speeds range is600, 1100, 1700, 2400, and 3100 RPM.
• It includes a 1/2-inch wrench chuck that accepts bits up to 1/2 inch in diameter: this gives you amazing versatility with bits.
• It comes with a heavy-duty 3.2 AMP motor. It develops a lot of torque and power.
• The spindle travels up to 2-1/2 inches, making it easy to drill.
• The worktable measures 7-5/8 x 7-5/8 inches and features an adjustable height.
The wen 4210 10-inch drill press features 5 speeds. It is convenient for both professional and home usage. The variable speed makes it easy and comfortable to work with. You can even drill through almost any material.
This drill press is powerful, it drills through metal, wood, plastic, and more. The 5 variable speeds are between 600, 1100, 1700, 2400, 3100 RPM. You can switch between the speeds to target the exact RPM that suits your drilling applications.
In addition, this drill press has a powerful motor, a 1/2-inch chuck, and a worktable. The worktable tilts 45 degrees to the left and right for accurate drilling.
This drill press is a highly durable and useful tool in any workshop. In particular, you can expand its range of use with accessories.
In addition, wen drill presses proudly produce innovative value-oriented power tools and offer significant features that will help you. Also, this drill press will help you complete and enjoy the work as much as the drilling operations.
WEN 4212 Drill Press
- Easy to drill with.
- Excellent build quality
- Easy to adjust
- A powerful motor.
- No clamp included
- It takes a bit of space.
• This drill press offers varying speeds to drill into various materials. The variable speed range is from 530 to 3100 rpm.
• It includes a 1/2-inch wrench chuck that accepts bits up to 1/2 inch in diameter: giving you versatility with bits.
• The spindle travels up to 2-3/8 inches, making it easy to drill.
• In addition, the oscillation is 8 inches. In addition, the motor is 120v, 60Hz, 1/3 HP.
• Depth Adjustment Gauge: the depth adjustment gauge allows you to place and lock your spindle as you wish.
• Plus, the built-in wrench storage on the side of the drill press allows you to have your wrenches always at hand.
The wen 4212 10 inch drill press comes with 5 speeds. This varying speed makes working comfortable and smooth. You can even drill through almost any material.
This drill press is powerful. It features a 4.5 AMP motor. It can drill through metal, wood, plastic, and much more. The wen 4212 press has 5 speeds between 530 and 3100 RPM.
In addition, this drill press has a 1/2-inch chuck and a decent worktable. The work table tilts to 45 degrees to the left and right enabling accurate drilling.
The table is a decent size at 8 x 7-2/3 inches. It allows us to work on ceramic tiles, plastic sheets, wood boards, and other materials. Other noteworthy features include a digital speed display, onboard laser light, depth setting gauge, key storage, and sturdy cast iron construction.
On the other hand, the base has pre-drilled holes for mounting on a bench or work stand. The slotted table allows clamps and a vise to be mounted for efficient assembly.
The specific feature of this drill press is the flexible work light. The work light will illuminate your work area.
WEN 4214 Drill Press
- Easy drilling.
- Excellent build quality
- Easy to adjust
- Digital speed indicator.
- Powerful 4.5 amp motor.
- A bit expensive.
- It is not strong enough to drill through steel
• This drill press has a range of speeds to drill through different materials. The variable speed range is from 580 to 3200 RPM.
• It includes a 5/8″ wrench chuck that accepts bits up to 5/8″ in diameter: giving you versatility with bits.
• Plus, the built-in wrench storage on the side of the drill press allows you to keep your wrench handy.
• The depth adjustment gauge allows set and lock your spindle the way you want.
This WEN 4214 drill press has variable speeds between 580 and 3200 rpm. The variable speeds allow you to target the exact one that works for your drilling projects. As you work, move a lever and adjust the speed as needed. You won’t have to change pulleys and belts!
It also has a powerful 5 AMP motor. And its motor is equipped with ball bearings for long life. Plus, it all comes together for smooth, balanced performance, even at high speeds.
This benchtop drill press has the power to drill through metal, wood, and other materials.
This drill press uses a mechanical variable speed. It allows for the same power and torque throughout the speed range.
In addition, the worktable tilts 45 degrees to the left and right for delicate operations to achieve consistent and perfect right angles. On the other hand, the digital display of this LED-powered drill indicates the operating speed. The specific feature of this drill press is its flexible work light. The work light will illuminate your work area.
Plus, the laser locks onto your drill points, taking the guesswork out of drilling and saving you expensive materials.
WEN 4225 Drill Press
- Large worktable.
- This drill press is easy to adjust.
- Its speed allows you to dig a deeper hole.
- Flexible work light.
- A little pricey.
• This drill press has variable speeds for drilling through a variety of materials. The variable speed range is 280 to 3300 rpm.
• The durable 8.6-amp motor develops ample torque and power.
• The worktable size is 12 x 12 inches, adjustable in height.
• This drill press comes with a flexible work light.
• It includes a 5/8″ wrench chuck that accepts bits up to 5/8″ in diameter, giving you versatility with bits.
• Plus, the built-in wrench storage on the side of the drill press allows you to keep your wrenches handy.
The WEN 4225 drill press features variable speeds between 280 and 3300 rpm. You won’t have to change pulleys and belts!
It also has a powerful 8.6-amp motor. And its motor is equipped with ball bearings for long life. Plus, it all comes together for smooth, balanced performance, even at high speeds.
This drill press features a rigid cast iron frame: head, table, and base. In addition, the worktable is tilted at 45 degrees to the left and right for delicate operations that require consistent and perfect right angles. On the other hand, the digital display of this LED-powered drill indicates the operating speed. Plus, the laser locks onto your drill points, taking the guesswork out of drilling and saving you expensive materials.
WEN Drill Press Buying Guide
When you are drilling, you need to guarantee that you have the right products at your disposal. When buying a WEN drill press, the first thing you’ll probably notice is that there are two different types: benchtop and stand-mounted drills.
If you buy a benchtop drill press, you’ll need to mount it to a workbench. These tools are particularly suitable for making small drill holes. WEN benchtop drills are not as powerful as floor standing drills. However, you will find that they are portable. Because you can easily remove and attach them to a workbench, they are easy to store. For a homeowner or DIYers, a WEN bench press is probably the best option.
If you do projects more frequently, you’ll want to look into WEN drill presses. These machines are much more powerful. WEN designs its floor presses for people who do heavier or more complicated drilling. The holes you will get using a floor press are bigger than those using a bench press.
As you can imagine, floor presses are fairly stationary. If you frequently use a drill press, this is the type of press you should consider the most. Once you’ve determined whether you need a bench press or a floor press, there are other things you’ll probably want to consider. Below, we’ve included some features to consider when buying your WEN drill press.
One of the first features to consider is the power of the motor. If you plan to drill through dense materials, you will need a powerful motor. For example, you’ll need a more powerful motor for drilling steel than drilling wood.
Another thing to consider is the speed of the drill bit. If you’re planning to drill a single product, you know what kind of speed you’ll need. However, if you’re looking to drill different materials, you’ll need a drill press with different speeds. Fortunately, most WEN drill presses come with variable speeds, one of the features that sets these products apart from the competition.
Drill Press Size
When purchasing a WEN drill press, you should also consider the size of the machine. First of all, you need to make sure that it can fit easily into your garage or workspace. Also, you must ensure that the press is large enough to hold the materials you want to drill. One of the features to consider is throat depth.
The greater the throat depth, the more material you can work with. For example, if you plan to drill large pieces of wood, you should make sure you get a WEN drill with a large throat depth. On the contrary, if you are drilling thin metal, throat depth will not be the main concern.
Drill Press Depth
When comparing WEN drill presses, you will probably also want to check the depth of the drill holes. You shouldn’t overlook the ability to drill deep holes, even if you don’t think you’ll need to do so during your next projects.
Finally, you’ll want to consider other features that may come with your WEN product. For example, some WEN drill presses come with laser guides, which allow you to drill with great precision.
Another feature to consider is whether or not the drill has a stop. Stops are useful because they can prevent you from drilling too deep. Making sure your drill press has a stop can be a worthwhile investment that will save you time and money.
If you need a drill press, we highly recommend looking into WEN. It is an American company that has been producing quality power tools for nearly 70 years.
You should consider our descriptions, features, and specifications. You will then can choose and select the perfect machine for you.